STEM Industry and Government
Driving Economic Development by Partnering with Academia
CREST’s primary aim is to help STEM-based industries in Frederick County forge ahead to achieve greater innovation, employment, and revenues. We are a part of making Frederick a vibrant and thriving technological hub. We offer services in conjunction with our academic partners to facilitate local learning opportunities for your workforce, create employee pipelines, and foster productive research collaborations.
CREST Workforce Training
- Determine commercial training needs
- Match needs to existing programs, facilitate local access
- Tools for streamlining and managing local participation
- Support for developing new collaborative training programs
- Connect to K-14 science education
- Formalized courses for University credit
- Certificate programs
- Focused workshops for a given skill, instrument, or protocol
- Seminars and symposia
- Life Science
- Computer Science
- Program Management
- Public health
- Data analysis
- Software development
- Market evaluation
- Quality control
CREST also maintains a roster of individuals (undergraduate to graduate students, and recent graduates) that are interested in performing traditional internships; these must be paid (per Maryland statutory regulations).
If your company or institution is interested in seeking interns or externs, please submit this form.
Potential Joint Projects:
- Student and post-doc exchange
- Industry adjuncts
- New synergies & innovation
CREST can help foster collaborations:
- Making industry input on collaboration feasible
- Tapping network of stakeholders for interest
- Arranging workshops or symposia
- Facilitating agreements/ terms of engagement/ model contracts
Please check here for details about upcoming events and we encourage you to send us your thoughts on potential training or collaboration.
Seminars and Workshops
Opportunities to meet and discuss trending topics, evolving technologies, and other issues affecting the STEM industry are an important part of a healthy STEM community. CREST can organize seminars and workshops aimed at specific industry needs like instruction on a specific instrument, technique, or software application. Please check here for details about upcoming events and we encourage you to send us your thoughts on potential seminars and workshops.